Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July weekend in Cape Coral

Without having any Independence Day plans in mind, my "amiga" Rina from Hiazzleeaz (Hialeah) invited the boo and I up to Cape Coral, FL to spend the weekend with her family. There was Churrasco on the grill all night long as well as drinks like in any typical Honduran gathering. All of her family made me feel welcomed and at home and it was greatly appreciated.





Special thanks goes out to Rina's Cuban uncle Duilio AKA Groper for showing extra hospitality and letting us stay up in the wee hours of the night while we downed our bottles of Patron and Hennessy. He even joined us and cut up swiss cheese and sausage to satisfy our midnight munchies.




The day after, we decided to visit Ft. Myers beach and catch some rays before heading back home. We grabbed a bite to eat at a greek restaurant called Plaka on the strip right by the beach.



Roger and Rina forced a Gyro in my mouth against my will. Ok, I'm being dramatic but I had never ate one and I must admit, I wasn't impressed at all. The ketchup and fries were THEBOMB.COM though.





Ok, so now it's time for the bashing. Ft. Myers beach is one of the ugliest ones Ive ever been to. The water is brownish green which is probably due to the boats that hang out on the shore. It's not appealing at all and youre damn right I didn't take a dip. With signs like these, would YOU?




As if that wasn't eery enough, I ran into this sign. Yikes!



The pier where the bats "hang" out.




I stayed safe by laying my towel as far as possible from the pier AND the water.





Right before our departure, boo treated us to an ice cream cone with sprinkles from DQ's which was just what we needed to cool down from the heat. He's the best.



Overall, I had a great time, bats and all. Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend as much as I did.

2 comments:

  1. the blog turned out uber cute! too bad the beach was full of gasoline and scary signs! but i had fun, and thank you guys for coming out.. i CAN'T believe you mentioned groper..LoL! Roger and I are gonna have to take you to the greek place he was talking about.. and YESS.. i mentioned FOOD yet again

    =P

    you just might be MY inspiration to start my own blogging madness..

    Keep 'em coming!

    <3 <3

    /colorful rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW: is that a dead bat over your name on the sand????

    ReplyDelete