Monday, August 17, 2009

Doughnuts and a hot day in Brooklyn



I was still pretty full from brunch but Raquel dearest always has space for sweets. ALWAYS. She ordered about 10 different doughnuts at Doughnut Plant just to try all the flavors.








There was an extended list of their diverse flavors inside. I contemplated on trying a Tres Leches doughnut but decided to try the Lavender instead.





Tasted like Mistolin floor cleaner but in a good, edible way. I took about 3 bites and saved the rest to share later on with Amy. I was stuffed.


We walked it out afterwards, and when I say walked, I mean it. Think of the longest walk you've ever had on the hottest day you've ever experienced and it could very well be equivalent to our walk to the Brooklyn Bridge.





We walked through China and back to get there. I felt out of my element. lol As if the never ending walk wasn't enough, we had to walk up the slightly steep walkway to the bridge. Too many people. Too damn hot. That's why 1. we only made it to the beginning of the bridge 2. That's one of the most fake smiles Ive ever had to pull out of my bag.



You try genuinely smiling at the camera when you re sweating like you just got out the oven and your hair has become a mess from all the humidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment