Thursday, August 13, 2009

Whats all the snap, snap, snapping for?



After dinner, the ladies and I went to Nuyorican Poets Cafe in Manhattan's East Village. I have to say, I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did. We got to witness their famous poetry slam night and all the poets were pretty good.



Pretty deep stuff. I was expecting something like a scene from The Real World, New Orleans when David Broom, one of the cast members, performed his famous "Come on be My Baby Tonight." LOL

My favorite part of the show was when the open room host Advocate of Wordz came up on stage. Go check out some of his performances on YouTube and you'll know why.



The line to get in was unending, resulting in having to sit on the floor right in front of the stage. I wasn't complaining though. We had front row view of all the action.

No comments:

Post a Comment